The Niagara Community Foundation offers a number of discretionary granting program for charities providing programs and services in Niagara. For details on these programs, click here.
The Niagara Community Foundation Grants database can be filtered alphabetically (by name of the organization awarded the grant), by the year the grant was awarded, by grant purpose (use tags), or using any combination of these filters. You can also use the search field to locate a grant by its name or any of its details.
- Fatih Tabernacle Pentecostal Assembly - Faith Welland Outreach - 2015 Community - Spring
Create and provide programming for adult residents at Birchwood Place and neighbourhood residents including cooking, crafts, exercise, woodworking, sewing, etc.
- Folk Arts Council of St. Catharines - Multicultural Centre - 2004 Community
Immigrant Youth Correction of Niagara: A community based network and central information space where immigrant youth can meet, access information, and formulate a voice through seminars, workshops and activities.
- Folk Arts Council of St. Catharines - Multicultural Centre - 2007 Community
PK Hummingbird: Replacement of 20 year old musical instruments: 2 steel drums with cases, mallets and stands
- Folk Arts Council of St. Catharines - Multicultural Centre - 2008 Youth
Youth Summer Theatre Intensive with Suitcase in Point Theatre: Two week summer theatre camp for newcomer youth
- Folk Arts Council of St. Catharines - Multicultural Centre - 2009 Youth
Parade Float - PK Hummingbird purchase and equip a parade float with safety features to carry PK Hummingbird steel orchestra of 25 plus members, instruments and sound system.
- Folk Arts Council of St. Catharines - Multicultural Centre - 2011 Community
A free after school, arts based program held at Connaught School and lead by Suitcase in Point Theatre Company that provides a positive environment for new Canadians and Canadian students to express themselves creatively.
- Folk Arts Council of St. Catharines - Multicultural Centre - 2015 Environmental
Links for Greener Learning in collaboration with Niagara Colllege will work to naturalize the terrestrial ecosystem found in Richardson's creek and the Green Ribbon Trail.
- Folk Arts Council of St. Catharines - Multicultural Centre - 2019 Mini - March
Train 10 newcomers on public speaking, confidence-building, and group facilitation in order to connect and collaborate with elementary and high schools in the Niagara Region and give presentations on the newcomer experience.
- Folk Arts Council of St. Catharines - Multicultural Centre - 2020 Howes
Provide literacy and skills training to support newcomer youth that experience barriers to education, employment and success.
- Folk Arts Council of St. Catharines Multicultural Centre with Links for Greener Learning - 2018 Environmental Grant
Support the Wetlands Project to promote environmental awareness of wetlands and engage students and members of the community to take action in their restoration and protection, including cleanup of local wetland areas, planting of native trees to encourage local biodiversity, public education through workshops and school campaigns.
- Fonds Foyer Richelieu - 2018 David S. Howes Fund
(100,000 over 3 years) Support the build of a 128 bed long-term care home for resident and retrofit the existing senior housing facility.
- Food4Kids Niagara - 2019 Community Grant
Develop a Summer Food Program to address the issue of child hunger during the summer months when school is not in session and student nutrition programs aren't running.
- Food4Kids Niagara - 2017 Community - Fall
Develop a Food4Kids program in Niagara that will feed children most in need during weekends. To ensure sustainability by building capacity and resources needed in year one start up.
- Fort Erie Arts Council - 2009 Community
Fund the art program in the Bowden neighbourhood that will include artists inspiring youth to express themselves and participate in the Bowden neighbourhood mural.
- Fort Erie Community YMCA - 2004 Summer Camp
Help to send youth in Fort Erie to summer camp
- Fort Erie Community YMCA - 2005 Summer Camp
Offer the opportunity to attend camp to youth in Fort Erie
- Fort Erie Community YMCA - 2006 Youth
Leadership Development Conference: Sending youth in its Leaders-in-Training Program to a three day YMCA conference
- Fort Erie Community YMCA - 2007 Summer Camp
Provide the opportunity for special needs children to attend summer camp
- Fort Erie Community YMCA - 2008 Summer Camp
Provide financial assistance to allow youth from low income families in Fort Erie to attend YMCA summer camp, also include youth with special needs
- Fort Erie Community YMCA - 2000 Summer Camp
They operate the YMCA Adventure Camp
- Fort Erie Multicultural Centre - 2003 Community
Welcome Kits for Newcomer Children: To research and develop a prototype of a welcome kit for the children of newcomers who enter Canada via the Peace Bridge
- Fort Erie Multicultural Centre - 2007 Summer Camp
Giving the opportunity for Aboriginal children to attend day camp
- Fort Erie Native Cultural Centre Inc. - 2012 Youth Grant
This project will focus on at risk Aboriginal youth that are disengaged from school. The vision is to re-engage youth to education through traditional Native teachings, hands on science and environmental studies. Through many partnerships, the youth will engage in a transformative learning experience that emphasises leadership and personal growth.
- Fort Erie Native Cultural Centre Inc. - 2000 Summer Camp
They operate a 3 week camp for aboriginal children ages 5-8 and a second 3 week camp for children ages 9-12
- Fort Erie Native Friendship Centre - Gordon, Carrie - 2011 Summer Camp
- Fort Erie Public Library - 2002 Community
Fort Erie Public Library Teen Space: to create a designated area within the library especially for teens
- Fort Erie Public Library - 2008 Summer Camp
Arts and crafts camp and an outdoor program offered for youth in Fort Erie
- Fort Erie Public Library - 2009 Youth
Kids Quest Summer Camp: fund camp for youth in Crystal Beach and those involved with the Multicultural Centre that focuses on literacy and retention during the summer months.
- Fort Erie Public Library - 2011 Mini - Oct
Purchase supplies to offer programs teaching children historical crafts such as weaving, spinning and butter churning to educate and celebrate the War of 1812.
- Fort Erie Public Library - 2019 Mini - March
Purchase furniture for the tween area, to enhance the popular tween program and expand seating capacity.
- Fort Erie Public Library - 2020 Community Grants
Purchase Cognitive Care Kits that offer series of dementia-friendly activity kits, containing an assortment of prepared activities, games, and workbooks that encourage social engagement and successful activities.
- Foundation of Resources for Teens (FORT) - 2006 Youth
Sports 4 Youth: Equipment for a new free drop-in sports night at a local high school in Grimsby
- Foundation of Resources for Teens (FORT) - 2009 Mini - Oct
Fund two youth photography projects and use the photos to decorate the centre "as their own".
- Foundation of Resources for Teens (FORT) - 2010 Community
Fund the purchase of sports and fitness equipment to be used by youth accessing the gym program.
- Foundation of Resources for Teens (FORT) - 2010 Mini May
purchase musical instruments
- Foundation of Resources for Teens (FORT) - 2019 David S. Howes Fund
Over two years, support the continued operation of the only free after school program and youth resource centre in West Niagara and help build long term sustainability of the program.
- Foundation of Resources for Teens (FORT) - 2016 Community - Fall
Create an inviting and usable outdoor space at Smithville youth centre to promote physical activity and outdoor recreation.
- Foundation of Resources for Teens (FORT) - 2018 Community Spring
Purchase equipment to grow and encourage the FORT's free music program in order to allow youth the opportunity to learn a new skill through professional guidance.
- Friends of Beaverdams Church - 2017 Community - Spring
Our long term goal is restoring the 1832 Beaverdams Church in Thorold. Our immediate project is the replacement of six of the twenty-six windows as an inspiration for further donations.
- Friends of Fort Erie's Creeks - 2004 environmental
Biological Control of Purple Loosestrife
- Friends of Fort Erie's Creeks - 2009 Mini - May
Fund the analysis of the six major creeks that run through the Greater Fort Erie area.
- Friends Of Fort Erie's Creeks - 2010 environmental
Town of Fort Erie has identified a historical landfill in Beaver Creek. The Town has entered into an agreement with the Ministry of the environment and other environmental agencies to remove the non-hazardous debris and restore the wetland habitiat and floodplain of the area. There is also a project in the area to create and innovative fish habitat structure called a 'stranding pool' to create and improve habitat for Grass Pickeral, a species of concern under the provincial Species at Risk Act.
- Friends Of Fort Erie's Creeks - 2012 environmental
Friends of Fort Erie Creeks will enhance their ability to provide educational activities and presentations to our local community, including schools and youth groups. Specialized equipment is also needed to ensure our program meets the changing needs of Niagara College's curriculum to provide successful summer student placement experiences.
- Friends of Fort Erie's Creeks - 2013 Community Grant
Enhance their current co-op to run from September to June with students from secondary and post secondary schools. They require office upgrades and computer equipment.
- Friends Of Fort Erie's Creeks - 2014 Mini - May
Purchase a laser printer to print professional reports that will greatly reduce the outsourced print costs.
- Friends Of Fort Erie's Creeks - 2015 Community - Fall
Purchase equipment for ongoing environmental restoration and maintenance projects and programs.
- Friends Of Fort Erie's Creeks - 2017 Environmental Grant
FOFEC will provide a qualified person to mentor up to six post-secondary college/university students in the methodologies and application of various environmental monitoring processes whilst utilizing their assistance to conduct an environmental study on Frenchman's Creek in Fort Erie.
- Friends of Fort Erie's Creeks - 2021 Environmental
Provide qualified person to mentor up to six post-secondary college/university students in the methodology and application of various environmental monitoring processes whilst utilizing their assistance to perform environmental restoration and monitoring activities at the Stevensville Conservation Area and Black Creek.
- Friends Of Fort Erie's Creeks - 2018 Environmental Grant
Support program to substantially improve surface water quality monitoring capabilities and educational components through the purchase of a new "Blue-Green Algae" probe for our multi-parameter water quality Sonde meter.
- No results found matching your critera.