The Niagara Community Foundation offers a number of discretionary granting program for charities providing programs and services in Niagara. For details on these programs, click here.
The Niagara Community Foundation Grants database can be filtered alphabetically (by name of the organization awarded the grant), by the year the grant was awarded, by grant purpose (use tags), or using any combination of these filters. You can also use the search field to locate a grant by its name or any of its details.
- Adolescent's Family Support Services of Niagara - 2010 Summer Camp
- Adolescent's Family Support Services of Niagara - 2010 Summer Camp
- Adolescent's Family Support Services of Niagara - 2013 Community Grant
AFSSN will partner with Pathstone Mental health to provide mental health services to 50 young mothers who access educational services at AFSSN. Many of the young moms display signs of a variety of mental health concerns that inhibit their ability to effectively parent, to fully engage in their studies, hence affecting their child's health.
- Aids Niagara - 2010 Youth
Fund the costs and resource materials for World AIDS Day dance and activities in Niagara with intent of engaging youth in the movement.
- Alcohol Babies Anonymous - 2009 Mini - Aug
Fund the translation of the existing website into French and Spanish.
- ALS Society of Ontario - 2008 Mini - Oct
updating equipment inventory
- ALS Society of Ontario - 2010 Community
Fund the expansion of The Mentorship Program support group to Niagara to assist clients and their families dealing with ALS.
- Alzheimer Society Niagara Region - 2005 Community
Project REBEL: Purchase of musical, horticultural and recreational therapeutic equipment to assist individuals living with dementia who are members of the Beyond Worlds Support Group
- Alzheimer Society Niagara Region - 2008 Community
Strategic Planning/Professional Development: Addressing both internal and external factors impacting delivery of service
- Alzheimer Society Niagara Region - 2009 Community
Fund the purchase of a professional display board and promotional aids to better position the organization at community fairs and events in order to advocate for this very special population.
- Alzheimer Society Niagara Region - 2010 Community
Fund the purchase of 11 voice recording devices with software to assist counsellors with the transcribing of client notes directly into a secure database after each client visit.
- Alzheimer Society Niagara Region - 2011 Community
Finding the right technology for a growing organization can be a challenge. The Society wants to purchase an appropriate server that will provide an affordable, all-in-one solution that will suit the current needs of the organization and allow for expansion. The HP ProLiant ML 350 Server is designed with reliability, expandability, and performance.
- Alzheimer Society Niagara Region - 2012 Community
This project records meaningful autobiographical information from individuals with Alzheimer's disease, thus preserving self-identity in the presence of dementia. "Friendly Visitors" and family will utilize this tool in facilitating and honouring personhood. The project will consist of a booklet, resource guide and equipment to collect the required information for future caregiving.
- Alzheimer Society Niagara Region - 2013 Community Grant
The Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region wishes to expand our programs for clients in various stages of dementia with a new opportunity for an individual and personalized music intervention designed to stimulate memory, provide engagement through auditory stimulation and support self expression and identity using current MP3 technology.
- Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region - 2014 Community Fall
Initiate Brain Wave Cafes in communities in Niagara as a place for individuals with cognitive changes and their families to gather for socializing and resources.
- Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region - 2015 Community - Fall
Create a new Tele-Care telephone program for the purpose of providing a support network and education to persons living with dementia.
- Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region - 2016 Community - Spring
This professional development request represents the beginning of an effort to build a collaborative and professional community based upon a shared consensus of purpose and values impacting the team. It will build on the work already undertaken by the organization related to the Guarding Minds at Work survey tool.
- Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region - 2017 Community - Fall
Design and print a booklet detailing ASNR programs and services to help individuals and families easily navigate what is available to assist them and suitable to their needs.
- ARID Group Homes - 2006 Community
Informational Brochure: Preparation of new brochure outlining its substance abuse recovery programs and services available to men in Fort Erie and Thorold
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2003 Summer Camp
Summer Camp Fund- Autism Society Ontario- specifically for those with Asperger's Syndrome
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2004 Summer Camp
Send children with Autism to summer camp
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2004 Youth
Awesome Allies/ Awesome Connection: Social Skills programs for children with Asperser's Syndrome Verbal ASD or non-verbal children with ASD
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2005 Community
Adolescent Support Program: develop and provide a program for adolescents with autism spectrum disorders
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2005 Summer Camp
5 week camp for children with autism spectrum disorders - cost is low because the parents pay a nominal fee for this service
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2008 Summer Camp
Help send youth with Autism to summer camp
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2009 Summer Camp
Fund the Summer Camp Program.
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2010 Summer Camp
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2012 Summer Camp
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2013 Summer Camp
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2013 Youth
Autism Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter, in collaboration with partners Brock University and Bethesda Services, would like to implement the UCLA developed Children's Friendship Program. The Children's Friendship Program is similar to the PEERS Program (education and Enrichment of Relationship Skills) we are currently delivering for teens and their parents. We are currently delivering our third session of the 14 week PEERS Program in partnership with Bethesda Services. We have found the program to be extremely beneficial for teens, with evidence showing the long term impact/outcomes for social and relationship skills for teens with ASD, as well as support skills for their parents.
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2014 Community Spring
Fund a pilot project to help adults with ASD lead more active lives. Participants are introduced to fitness activities available at a recreation centre, helped to create an individualized training plan which incorporates their three favourite activities and offered a weekly support group meeting to discuss progress and healthy eating strategies. Participants will have a 3 month period to establish routines and increase physical activity levels.
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2014 Summer Camp
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2000 Grants
fund the summer camp program
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2019 Summer Camp
Summer camp program
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2015 Summer Camp
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2016 Community - Spring
STARS: Social Training and Recreation Skills program for transitioning youth and young adults with ASD who need 1:1 supports. Offer an age and ability appropriate recreation program that helps participants maintain/gain skills, builds sense of belonging and enhances quality of life tailored to individual needs.
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2018 Summer Camp
- No results found matching your critera.