While the Niagara Community Foundation was established to serve all the communities in Niagara, we recognize that our region is made up of many different communities, each having a unique history. We have worked with donors and volunteers in Grimsby who expressed interest in creating a fund to help charities in their home town. As a result, the Grimsby Funds were created. Gifts to this funds are endowed and held in perpetuity to support your local community. The earnings on this fund enable our Board of Directors to respond to current needs in the local community through the provision of grants to charities providing programs and services at the local level.
Current Committee MembersChair: Don Stewart
Members: Patrick Brabant, Gary Evans, Allan Goddard, Victoria Hunter, Monika Patterson, Andrea Piche, Amanda Pyper, Sarah Sweeney and Kurt Whitnall
How to Get InvolvedThere are a number of ways to get involved with the Grimsby Fund.
- Attend an event: The Grimsby Fund's signature event, Finest @ the Forty, welcomes new members. If you would like to be added to our invitation list, email Suzanne, our NCF Staff.
- Join the Grimsby Fund Committee: Meeting every 4-6 weeks, the Grimsby Fund Committee welcomes new members from the Grimsby community to join. The primary responsibilites of the Committe include raising the profile of the local community fund, as well as helping to grow the fund through events, networking and referrals. To find out more, email Suzanne.
- Become a Fund Holder: The Foundation works with donors wanting to create permanent legacies to support causes important to the donors during their lifetime. Donors can setup a family fund within the Grimsby Community Fund for as little as $5000. Donations can be made at any time, in any amount and through any means and once a family fund is created gifts can be made in honour of retirements, births, deaths, anniversaries and other special occasions. Donors are also able to name the Foundation, and more specifically, the Grimsby Community Fund, to receive a bequest through a will. To find out more about becoming a fund holder click here.
In the NewsWe are pleased to have the support of our local media in spreading the good news about the Grimsby Fund. Please click on the links below to learn more about our work in the community.
- October 2019- Niagara Community Foundation grants $130K toward Grimsby charities
- October 2019- Thanks to Grimsby Fund, free movies at Grimsby Museum
- May 2019- Giving in Grimsby, One Grant at a Time
- January 2019- Local charities win with Grimsby Community Fund
- October 2017 - Town gives $35K boost to Grimsby Community Fund