In 2021 NCF’s Board took another step into the realm of Social Impact Investing entering into a $100,000 partnership with the Fair Finance Fund (FFF) – a new social finance fund for the Ontario food and farm sector. The Fund lends to social enterprises across the food system that provide demonstrable social, environmental, and economic benefits. Every penny invested goes directly to loans. This innovative fund supports the future of local food in Ontario, from seed to supper.
For 2021 the investment returns on this fund were 4.0%.
Loan Information & Terms
- Loans from $20,000 up to $200,000
- Co-financing options are available for loans over $200,000
- 6.25% interest rate at 5-year terms
- Business assistance and mentorship during the loan term
- Capacity-building sessions in business development and financial literacy
- Character-based lending
- No fees and a three-month option grace period
Click here to learn more.