Summer Camp Grants Program
APPLICATION DEADLINE: APRIL 24, 2023 by noon
Our Summer Camp program will help Niagara children in financial need participate in a variety of camping and recreation experiences. An opportunity to go to summer camp or be involved in a neighbourhood activity not only helps our children develop new skills, make new friends and raise their self esteem, it also gives them the chance to get their hands dirty and have lots of fun.
Minimum Governance Practices for Grant Applicants:
Charities applying for grants need to have 8 out of 14 of the following governance practices in place to be eligible to apply for a grant from NCF. This is our first step of any application, ensuring that the charities that we grant to have the capacity to manage and execute on grants received. If a minimum of 8 practices are not in place, a charity is allowed to apply once and the charity is directed to appropriate resources and support to address these gaps.
The items marked with an asterisk * are compulsory items.
- * The organization has written HR management policies that comply, at minimum, with employment, health and safety, and other applicable legislation.
- *Does the board approve an annual budget?
- Does the board review actual to budget at least twice a year?
- *Does the board meet a minimum of 3 times annually?
- Are board policies reviewed at least every 4 years?
- *Is there a policy that clearly outlines the roles and responsibilities of board and officers?
- Are there fixed terms for board members?
- Has a strategic plan been developed in the last 4 years?
- Does the board annually review progress on achieving strategic plan goals and adjust plan to reflect progress and new opportunities?
- *Is ED/CEO performance reviewed annually?
- Is a board evaluation undertaken annually?
- Is there an interim succession plan in place or being developed in the unexpected changeover in organization leadership?
- Is there a conflict of interest policy?
- Is there a reserve policy?
2022 ApplicationDOWNLOAD PDF
Special ProvisionsDOWNLOAD PDF
All applicants must have a grant consultation with the Foundation prior to submitting an application. This must be done at least 7 days before the grant deadline. Further information is available by calling JoAnne Krick at the Foundation at 905-684-8688 x 23 or emailing to email@example.com
To begin your application process, click the button below to either create a New User Account or Login to an existing account. From your dashboard you will have access to all available grant applications.Applicants cannot apply for a concurrent grant unless they are part of a collaborative and are in good standing with their open grants to the Foundation.
PREVIEW GRANT APPLICATION
Please download the final report and submit to JoAnne Krick by email, firstname.lastname@example.org.