What is the Governance Coaching Program (GCP)?
The Governance Partners Program (now the Governance Coaching Program) was launched by the Foundation in 2016. The Governance Coaching Program begins January 2020, providing grants for customized consultation services to Boards of Directors and Senior Staff of registered charities in Niagara.
The GCP helps registered charities identify their strengths and challenges in 5 key priority areas:
- Board governance – leadership, oversight, policies and processes
- Financial accountability and transparency
- Fundraising – leading practices and donor relationships
- Board-Staff relationship – policies, staff recruitment, performance management, professional development
- Volunteer management – policies, procedures, practices
and provides expertise and resources to help charities improve their performance.
To launch this new program, 5 grants of $2,000 each are available for the first round of GCP funding, early in 2020.
Successful applicants will receive 20 hours of coaching by a qualified GCP Consultant. The Consultant will design a unique work plan to meet your organization’s needs, and provide facilitation and resources to support your Board of Directors and Senior Staff. Our 3 GCP Consultants are accredited as Certified Standards Program Coaches through Imagine Canada.
Applications for the GCP will open in January 2020. Interested? Invite a GCP Consultant to your next board or committee meeting to provide a complimentary information session.