Vulnerable populations across Canada continue to be disproportionately affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. Marginalized groups, youth, children and the elderly, essential workers, and newcomers are just some of the communities that are facing increased challenges right now. Launched on May 19, 2020, the Government of Canada’s new Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF) aims to provide additional and much-needed assistance to charities and non-profit organizations serving vulnerable populations. The Government of Canada is flowing funds through national networks, including Community Foundations of Canada (CFC), United Way Centraide Canada and the Canadian Red Cross.
We are proud to be working with the Government of Canada, CFC and our funding partners to deliver funding locally in Niagara to ensure that our most vulnerable citizens are safe and healthy. Through the ECSF, NCF will be investing over $900,000 towards local charities and qualified donees supporting vulnerable populations.
Organizations can apply starting on May 19, 2020.
- Please read the CFC Application Guide for all eligibility and frequently asked questions. CLICK HERE.
- To learn more about the ECSF visit Community Foundation Canada's website HERE.
- To apply through CFC CLICK HERE.
- To learn more and apply to United Way Niagara CLICK HERE.
- To learn more and apply to Red Cross CLICK HERE.
- For all other Niagara inquiries please email JoAnne Krick with the Niagara Community Foundation.
The Emergency Community Support Fund