The Niagara Community Foundation offers a number of discretionary granting program for charities providing programs and services in Niagara. For details on these programs, click here.
All Niagara Community Foundation Grants awarded through our various grant programs are categorized by 'Grant Purpose'. They are visible below once you choose a view filter; they can be sorted either alphabetically or by 'Grant Purpose'. They can only be sorted and viewed by one of the two filters.
- Quest Community Health Centre - 2014 Community Fall
Partner with AIDS Niagara to undertake an environmental scan to document risks to seniors among the LGBT community.
- Red Roof Retreat - 2015 Mini - March
Purchase an iPad to process program registration payments electronically, access client information and process donations on site and events and during programming.
- Red Roof Retreat - 2005 Summer Camp
Send youth with special needs to camp: 2 children supported per session - 5 sessions in total -
- Red Roof Retreat - 2006 Summer Camp
Provides affordable, educational, recreational and future respite programs for children and youth with special needs
- Red Roof Retreat - 2009 environmental
A Path with Meaning - fund the construction of an accessible walkway to access all parts of "Green Space".
- Red Roof Retreat - 2009 Summer Camp
Fund the Summer Camp Program.
- Red Roof Retreat - 2010 Summer Camp
- Red Roof Retreat - 2011 Summer Camp
- Red Roof Retreat - 2014 Summer Camp
- Red Roof Retreat - 2015 Summer Camp
- Regional Municipality of Niagara - 2009 Youth
Niagara Kids CAN Bike: summer bike camp for 20 youth in Welland and 20 youth from Crystal Beach to be educated in Cycling and healthy lifestyle practices.
- Regional Municipality of Niagara - Community Services Dept - 2003 Summer Camp
PRO-Kids- send youth from low income families to camp
- Regional Niagara Firefighters Volunteer Buffs Association - 2010 Mini Jan
purchase weather resistant tent
- Regional Niagara Firefighters Volunteer Buffs Association - 2011 Community
Awning for shelter units used a emergency scenes in rain, heat or snow storms.
- Regional Niagara Upper Canada Lodge Auxiliary - 2007 Community
Living Life to the Fullest: To purchase a wheelchair and bicycle combination for residents and members of the community
- Rodman Hall Arts Centre - 2002 Community
Youth in Niagara Gallery - to develop the curatorial aspects related to formal exhibits dedicated to artwork produced by youth
- Rose City - Kids Ministry - 2012 Youth Grant
Rose City Kids has been successful in the last 4 years from reaching 13 kids 4 years ago to 450 today. We have started an afterschool tutoring program that has been so successful, a session fill within 72 hours of registration forms going out. Each session accomodates up to 20 children. 12 tutors are presently working with these children. We have had reports from children, parents and teachers on the success of this program. Because it is so successful, we are expanding it and have purchased more space to accommodate our programs.
- Rotary Club of Fonthill - 2004 Community
Bucks for the Band
- Schizophrenia Society of Ontario - 2012 Community
The Schizophrenia Society of Ontario wishes to increase our capacity in the Niagara region to implement two new support groups aimed at addressing the educational, support and system navigation needs of families and consumers affected by schizophrenia and psychosis.
- Schizophrenia Society of Ontario - Hamilton / Niagara Chapter - 2006 Community
Schizophrenia Awareness Campaign: Towards the purchase of laptop computer and projector
- Schizophrenia Society of Ontario - Hamilton / Niagara Chapter - 2008 Community
L.E.A.P. Training: A series of workshops for mental health providers, caregivers and consumers to help a person with a mental illness become fully engaged in treatment
- Schizophrenia Society of Ontario - Hamilton / Niagara Chapter - 2009 Mini - Oct
Fund the creation and production of a Mental health Colouring/Activity Booklet for children age 7 to 12.
- Schizophrenia Society of Ontario - Hamilton / Niagara Chapter - 2011 Youth
The teacher/school personnel inservice training is designed to provide teachers, administrative staff ando ther school personnel with a basic knowledge of mental health, its importnace, what mental illness is and its signs and symptoms. The in-service does this by way of a power-point presentation, two hours in length, which combines instruction with hands-on activities.
- Scouts Canada - 2015 Summer Camp
- Scouts Canada - 2011 Summer Camp
- Scouts Canada - 2012 Summer Camp
- Scouts Canada - 2013 Summer Camp
- Showboat Festival Theatre of Port Colborne Inc. - 2004 Community
Workplace health and Safety Upgrade: purchase of a powered elevating work platform
- Showboat Festival Theatre of Port Colborne, Inc. - 2015 Community - Fall
Redesign and rebuild of the agency website to achieve higher functionalilty and marketing.
- St. Albans Church - 2016 Community - Spring
We collect donated bicycles, refurbish them and provide them to migrant farmworkers and refugees who need them for transportation.
- St. Catharines & Area Arts Council - 2009 Mini - Aug
Fund the purchase of office equipment for a shared space downtown for the The Essential Collective Theatre Company.
- St. Catharines Blind Bowlers - 2004 Community
Straight Shooters: To purchase portable railings
- St. Catharines Museum - 2008 Community
Preserving Niagara's Heritage: Towards acquisition of resources to preserve The Standard Collection
- St. John Ambulance - Lincoln County Branch, St. Catharines - 2014 Community Fall
Purchase 20 new adult and 20 new infant CPR manikins to be used in all First Aid/CPR training classes.
- St. John Ambulance - Lincoln County Branch, St. Catharines - 2007 Community
Medical Equipment: To purchase AED medical first responder program equipment to comply with 2007 CPR protocol changes
- St. John Ambulance - Lincoln County Branch, St. Catharines - 2009 Mini - Aug
Fund the purchase of medical supplies to be used across the Region, due to the amalgamation of 11 municipalities.
- St. John Ambulance - Lincoln County Branch, St. Catharines - 2010 Mini Jan
- St. John Ambulance - Lincoln County Branch, St. Catharines - 2011 Mini - March
Purchase medical equipment and printer for set up of additional Medical First Reponder training centres in Welland and St. Catharines.
- St. John Ambulance - Lincoln County Branch, St. Catharines - 2011 Mini - Oct
Purchase LCD projector and easels for training sessions and meetings used both by the Youth Division and Medical First Responder volunteers.
- St. John Ambulance - Lincoln County Branch, St. Catharines - 2012 Mini - Aug
Purchase desktop computer for agency programming.
- St. John Ambulance - Lincoln County Branch, St. Catharines - 2013 Youth
Expansion for Paws for Stories which assists children who struggle with reading become confident in their skills by reading to a child-tested dog. The program is also used for children who have difficulty socializing with other children by giving them a “peer” who visits the school regularly who is non-judgemental.
- St. John Ambulance - Niagara Falls Branch - 2015 Mini - March
Purchase safety equipment for the Search & Rescue Niagara training exercises and for actual search and rescues.
- St. John Ambulance - Niagara Falls Branch - 2004 Community
Building a Stronger Youth Program: Resources and training targeted to their youth volunteers
- St. John Ambulance - Niagara Falls Branch - 2008 Mini - May
Bring pre-established Provincial leadership program to Niagara
- St. John Ambulance - Niagara Falls Branch (St. John Council for Ontario) - 2015 Mini - August
Purchase 3 vehicle back-up cameras for 2 ambulances and 1 van to increase safety.
- St. John Ambulance - Niagara Falls Branch (St. John Council for Ontario) - 2015 Community - Fall
Support Paws 4 Stories reading program that will provide children the opportunity to read to therapy dogs at schools and libraries in order to improve their reading skills, enjoyment of reading and self-confidence.
- St. John Ambulance - Niagara Region - 2015 Community - Fall
Replace roof-top heat/ac unit at regional training facility where volunteers receive training to carry out the community service offered to visitors across Niagara and to students receiving first aid training.
- Start Me Up Niagara (SMUN) - 2013 environmental
Establish sustainable technologies and methods to protect and conserve water at the Start Me Up Niagara building located within the the Twelve Mile Creek watershed and at the Vineland garden which sources water from lake Ontario and initiate the public and volunteer education the Green Garden program.
- Suitcase in Point Theatre Company - 2014 Mini October
Purchase a ATA Wood Flight Truck Pack Trunk Case to safely store delicate assets such as lighting board and sound mixer.
- Suitcase in Point Theatre Company - 2013 Mini - March
Purchase black-out blinds for the 2nd floor ehearsal space that is made available to several arts groups.
- Suitcase in Point Theatre Company - 2014 Community Spring
Support a four week after school acting program for teens that will be facilitated by Stephanie Jones upon her return from her Fellowship at the Neighborhood Playhouse. Stephanie will blog about her experience to the Niagara community. Students will learn the acting toward truthful performance. The cost will be alleviated by subsidized enrollment.
- Suitcase in Point Theatre Company - 2016 Canada 150
In the Soil Festival - Celebrating Canada - deliver three high-engagement arts activities to promote community participation and celebrate diverse meanings of being Canadian.
- The Adult Literacy Council of Greater Fort Erie - 2011 Youth
Parents want to help their children learn. Family Math recognizes parents as adult learners who acquire skills and knowledge to facilitate their children’s development. The cooking component of each session promotes a healthy lifestyle, a sense of community through the shared meal and provides practical application of the math skills.
- The Conserver Society of Hamilton and District Inc. (in partnership with Green Venture) - 2016 Community - Spring
Green Venture, under the oversight of the Conserver Society, will deliver a series of transit education workshops, with an emphasis on encouraging ridership by older adults and newcomers. The workshops will focus on trip planning, getting information and assistance, and hands-on training. Workshops are tailored to individual municipal transit systems.
- The Essential Collective Theatre - 2015 Community - Spring
In collaberation with drama students and theatre professionals, create an original musical play based on seniors' stores that will be performed in Seniors' Centres and Long-term Care facilitites throughout Niagara.
- The Essential Collective Theatre - 2015 Mini - August
Purchase accounting software to improve day to day operations.
- The Essential Collective Theatre - 2015 Community - Fall
Launch a Community Engagement Program that includes Theatre Comes to You, Playwriting for Youth and Poor in Niagara all to involve more Niagara residents in quality theatre-related cultural experiences.
- The Friends of Niagara National Historic Sites - 2011 Mini - Oct
Support printing and binding of 650 books, The Battle of Queenston Heights and Burying General Brock and make available to community and for sale.
- The Friends of Niagara National Historic Sites - 2013 Mini - March
Assist in funding the creation of a commemorative CD of the 41st Regiment Fife and Drum Corps in honour of the 200th Anniversary of the War of 1812 and to preserve music traditions of the 19th century military.
- The Norm Foster Theatre Festival - 2016 Community - Fall
Add a 4 day development workshop to the rehearsal of each of our 2 world premieres in our 3 production season in the summer of 2017.
- The Salvation Army Community & Family Services - Niagara Region - 2011 Mini - Aug
Purchase laptop and program for Red Cap Anger Management program launch in Welland and surrounding areas.
- The Salvation Army Community & Family Services - Niagara Region - 2013 Youth
Expansion of the Red Cap Program for children in Fort Erie and Port Colborne and many more schools in Welland 7-8 curriculum taken on Managing Your Emotions, equipping 8-12 year olds to identify their emotions, and how to solve issues with positive behaviour.
- The Salvation Army Niagara Orchard Community Church - 2009 Summer Camp
Fund the Summer Camp Program
- The Salvation Army Niagara Orchard Community Church - 2010 Summer Camp
- The Salvation Army Niagara Orchard Community Church - 2011 Summer Camp
- The Salvation Army Niagara Orchard Community Church - 2012 Summer Camp
- The School of Restoration Arts at Willowbank - 2016 Environmental Grant
Develop a summer workshop and speaker series to support the natural environment of Willowbank.
- The Weir Foundation - The RiverBrink Art Museum - 2009 Mini - Aug
Fund the purchase of a light meter which will help in the preservation of the collection.
- The Weir Foundation - The RiverBrink Art Museum - 2010 Mini May
- The Weir Foundation - The RiverBrink Art Museum - 2012 Community
Construction of wheelchair ramp to museum, cutting and finishing doorway, installing automatic door, extending car park and pathway to ramp and landscaping.
- The Weir Foundation - The RiverBrink Art Museum - 2016 Community - Fall
Renovate two spaces in the Museum “Coach House” building to improve and expand facilities for community educational programming, and for Museum events including outreach and fundraising with rental potential.
- The Welland Historical Museum - 2014 Community Fall
Purchase a UPS to backup server and a scale to assist in maintaining the archives.
- The Welland Historical Museum - 2004 Community
Training for Arts Volunteers: Customized training program for volunteers working on the Kids Art Day event
- The Welland Historical Museum - 2011 Mini - Aug
Purchase new ceiling mounted projector and move the portable projector to be used in other areas of organization.
- The Welland Historical Museum - 2016 Community - Fall
Support First Fridays, a partnership with the Museum's of Niagara Association that targets a new demographic (19-35), introducing them to historic sites that are transformed with themed cultural events.
- Theatre Beyond Words - 2005 Community
Feasibility Study and Action Plan: To determine the feasibility of developing new revenue generating initiatives from non-performance and diversified sources with the goal to develop financial strength of organization
- Therapy and Alternatives for Special Children - 2005 Summer Camp
Send child with special needs to camp: They rent Camp Lakewood from Easter Seals Society - they have been operating camps there since 1999
- Therapy Tails Niagara - 2012 Youth Grant
Have created an Anti-Bullying presentation through the experiences of a dog. A timely and popular topic with children. Our teams are already established and familiar with the target audience, this program will enhance our exisitng mandate and assist with anti-bullying programs set in place by learning institutions.
- Thorold Community Activities Group - 2005 Summer Camp
Send youth, who are at risk for healthy development, to summer camp
- Thorold Community Activities Group - 2006 Summer Camp
Send youth that are at risk for healthy development to summer camp
- Thorold Community Activities Group - 2007 Summer Camp
Send youth at are at risk for healthy development to summer camp
- Thorold Community Activities Group - 2007 Youth
Youth Recreational Equipment: Equipment and resource material to be used for community planning
- Thorold Community Activities Group - 2008 Summer Camp
Send children who are at risk for healthy development to camp
- Thorold Community Activities Group - 2008 Youth
Basketball and program inclusiveness: Equipment and resources that will enable children and youth with disabilities to participate fully in programs
- Thorold Community Activities Group - 2009 Summer Camp
Fund the Summer Camp Program.
- Thorold Community Activities Group - 2009 Youth
Sound Equipment: purchase sound equipment for youth bands in Thorold.
- Thorold Community Activities Group - 2011 Mini - Oct
Purchase bbq that will be used at community events to promote their organization and services and raise funds for their children's programs.
- Thorold Community Activities Group - 2014 Community Spring
Create a skills development program for youth that incorporated different and unique opportunites for the youth in Thorold. This program will offer skills and direction focusing on leadership development, building of esteem, developing skills to assist with employment opportunities and much more.
- Thorold Community Activities Group - 2014 Mini - March
Purchase two outdoor shelter tents and other equipment to be used at special events, summer camp programming and the playground.
- Thorold Community Activities Group - 2014 Summer Camp
- Town of Fort Erie - 2016 Canada 150
Canada 150 Mosaic Project - to celebrate Canada's 150th, the Town will be creating a mural that will be one of 150 murals across Canada, representing a cultural mosaic, a time capsule, a visual portrayal of history, and an art masterpiece from the soul of the nation.
- Town of Fort Erie - 2007 Community
Fort Erie Skatepark: Towards cost of creating park for skateboarding, BMX biking and inline skating
- Town of Fort Erie - 2008 environmental
Bay Beach Dune Planting
- Town of Fort Erie - Youth Grant
- Town of Fort Erie (Fort Erie Museum Services) - 2015 Community - Spring
Create the Made in Fort Erie experience by showcasing objects made in Fort Erie, both past and present and to compile and curate knowledge about Fort Erie's industries, businesses, artists, authors, etc.
- Town of Grimsby - Recreation, Facilities and Culture Dept. - 2004 Summer Camp
Help send youth with special needs to summer camp
- Town of Grimsby - Recreation, Facilities and Culture Dept. - 2005 Summer Camp
Send youth with special needs to camp
- Town of Grimsby - Recreation, Facilities and Culture Dept. - 2011 Summer Camp
- Town of Lincoln - 2014 Community Spring
Outfit the community rooms at the new Community Complex with high quality audiovisual equipment including projectors, retractable electronic screens and podiums which will also be made available to volunteer groups.
- Town of Lincoln - Friends of Charles Daley Park - 2006 environmental
Improvements to Charles Daly Park: Funds to support the construction of a board walk along the shoreline of Lake Ontario and Fifteen Mile Creek
- Town of Lincoln - Jordan Historical Museum - 2016 Canada 150
Between the Lake & the Escarpment: Community Art Exhibit celebrating Lincoln at Canada's 150th - an exhibit focusing on perceptions of Lincoln at the occasion of Canada's 150th anniversary, featuring artists of all ages from Lincoln's communities.
- Town of Lincoln - Old Town Boxing Club - 2007 Youth
A Ring of Their Own: To purchase a portable boxing ring and trailer
- Town of Pelham - 2015 Summer Camp
- Town of Pelham - 2013 Summer Camp
- Town of Pelham Communities in Bloom Committee - 2008 Mini - Aug
toward purchase 'Veterans' Park' sign
- Town of Pelham Communities in Bloom Committee - 2009 Summer Camp
Fund the Summer Camp Program.
- Town of Pelham Communities in Bloom Committee - 2010 Youth
Fund the Summer Camp Program.
- Township of West Lincoln - 2013 environmental
Plant trees along South Creek Trail and in three of the Township's parks in Smithville - Leisureplex, Rock Street and Alma Parks to help naturalize the parks and trails; provide shade and make them more attractive places for residents.
- Township of West Lincoln - 2017 Environmental Grant
The Tree Planting and Shoreline Improvement Project for the Municipal Wellandport Community and Boat Launch area will improve the integrity of the Welland River shoreline, improving water quality, aquatic habitats and improve a rural recreational area.