The Niagara Community Foundation offers a number of discretionary granting program for charities providing programs and services in Niagara. For details on these programs, click here.
All Niagara Community Foundation Grants awarded through our various grant programs are categorized by 'Grant Purpose'. They are visible below once you choose a view filter; they can be sorted either alphabetically or by 'Grant Purpose'. They can only be sorted and viewed by one of the two filters.
- I CAN - T.E.R. - 2001 Summer Camp
the actual cost per week is $200 - this group only charges $100 to the parents and fundraises for the rest
- I CAN - T.E.R. - 2008 Summer Camp
Help fund youth to attend summer camp "A Day at the Farm"
- I CAN - T.E.R. - 2009 Summer Camp
Fund the Summer Camp Program.
- I CAN - T.E.R. - 2010 Summer Camp
- I CAN - T.E.R. - 2011 Summer Camp
- I CAN - T.E.R. - 2012 Summer Camp
- I CAN - T.E.R. - 2014 Summer Camp
- I CAN Therapeutic Equestrian Riding Association of Niagara Inc. - 2018 Summer Camp
- I CAN Therapeutic Equestrian Riding Association of Niagara Inc. - 2015 Summer Camp
- I CAN Therapeutic Equestrian Riding Association of Niagara Inc. - 2017 Community - Spring
Partner Port Colborne Speech and Language Therapy to provide hippotherapy as an alternative setting for the provision of speech-language and swallowing intervention for the Niagara Region.
- I CAN Therapeutic Equestrian Riding Association of Niagara Inc. - 2018 Community Spring
Expand, improve and increase production of children's small garden to accommodate more diverse groups and provide educational platform for programming.
- Information Niagara - 2002 Community
Capacity Building Through Accreditation: to provide staffing assistance as the organization becomes accredited by InformOntario in order to meet the required 211 standards
- Information Niagara - 2004 Community
Build Organizational Capacity Through Evaluation: Development of a program evaluation process
- Information Niagara - 2005 Strategic Initiative
To develop an organizational assessment tool to be used by non-for-profit organizations. To identify not-for-profits that are interested in using a tool to develop core competencies and build their organizational capacity. Once assessment tool is complete to provide mentoring, peer support groups, strategic planning, training, and other resources to build organizational capacity
- Information Niagara - 2006 Community
Accessibility using TTY Services: To purchase a text phone to provide barrier free access for people who are deaf, deafened or hard of hearing
- Jericho House Youth, Leadership, Justice and spirituality Centre - 2010 Community
Fund the purchase of recreational equipment for games room in new facility.
- Jubilee Fellowship Christian Reformed Church of St. Catharines - 2007 Summer Camp
Camp SHOUT is a neighbourhood based camp (adjacent to Meadowgreen Co-operative Homes) - while it is run by a church they do not have any religious education as a component of the program - there is no charge to attend this drop in style day camp
- Jubilee Fellowship Christian Reformed Church of St. Catharines - 2008 Summer Camp
Support for Camp SHOUT, which offers drop in summer camp for youth
- Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation - 2015 Mini - March
Host two focus group sessions with Niagara youth to determine their diabetes management needs prior to any programming designed for Niagara.
- Le Centre Polyvalent des Ainés Francophones de Port Colborne - 2004 Community
Project inter-generation avec l'ecole St-Joseph: Mentoring program with seniors from the centre and children from St. Joseph's elementary school
- Le Centre Polyvalent des Ainés Francophones de Port Colborne - 2007 Community
Des aines bien informes: Towards the purchase of a laptop and projector to assist in series of workshops for its members of the community
- Le Centre Polyvalent des Ainés Francophones de Port Colborne - 2011 Community
Purchase shed for the 2nd annual St. Jean Baptist Festival that brings the French community together on biggest holiday of the year.
- Le Centre Polyvalent des Ainés Francophones de Port Colborne - 2012 Mini - Oct
Fund the creation of a Francophone library through the purchase of DVD's with the help of a volunteer committee.
- Le Centre Polyvalent des Ainés Francophones de Port Colborne - 2014 Mini - May
Fund the purchase and installation of battery back-up exit signs to increase the safety of the building for their clients and volunteers.
- Le Centre Polyvalent des Ainés Francophones de Port Colborne - 2016 Mini - May
The mini-grant would cover the price of a new computer to enhance our new computer classes. The computer will be in the main hall and would be accessible to everyone.
- Learning Disabililties Association of Niagara Region - 2006 Summer Camp
Help send youth with learning disabilities to summer camp
- Learning Disabililties Association of Niagara Region - 2007 Community
Discoveries Club 2007 Life Skills Program: Working with 48 at risk youth between the ages of 12-18 with learning disabilities providing them with social and life skills
- Learning Disabililties Association of Niagara Region - 2011 Mini - March
Create a bi-monthly support group program for adults with learning disabilities or ADHD.
- Learning Disabililties Association of Niagara Region - 2013 Summer Camp
- Learning Disabililties Association of Niagara Region - 2014 Summer Camp
- Learning Disabilities Association of Niagara Region - 2018 Summer Camp
- Learning Disabilities Association of Niagara Region - 2015 Mini - March
Hire a trainer in mindfulness to provide additional training to summer staff and volunteers on how to effectively incorporate Mindfulness practice into the summer program for the benefit of the children.
- Learning Disabilities Association of Niagara Region - 2015 Summer Camp
- Learning Disabilities Association of Niagara Region - 2015 Community - Fall
Update and modernize the LDANR website to keep community awareness and engagement up as well as ensure the website meets the AODA standards.
- Learning Disabilities Association of Niagara Region - 2004 Community
Introduction to Technology: A program offered both in school and at its centre providing computer skills to children with disabilities
- Learning Disabilities Association of Niagara Region - 2011 Summer Camp
- Learning Disabilities Association of Niagara Region - 2012 Summer Camp
- Learning Disabilities Association of Niagara Region - Youth Grant
- Learning Disabilities Association of Niagara Region - 2016 Mini - August
Enhance our social skills program (B.E.S.T.) by allowing our agency to hire an instructor and provide them with resources to assist the B.E.S.T. program instructor in implementing mindfulness curriculum into the program sessions.
- Lincoln Community Against Violence - Women's Resource Centre - 2006 Summer Camp
Summer camp for young girls
- Lincoln Community Against Violence - Women's Resource Centre - 2010 Mini Aug
Fund the purchase of two laser printers for shared office space.
- Lincoln Community Against Violence - Women's Resource Centre - 2010 Summer Camp
- Lincoln County Humane Society - 2017 Community - Spring
Provide humanitarian boarding for pets, to women who are victims of domestic abuse, to facilitate their decision to leave their abusive situations.
- Lincoln Garden Club and Horticultural Society - 2005 Community
Publication of book to celebrate the 100th Anniversary of Horticultural Experiment Station at Vineland and ornamental research
- Lincoln Public Library - 2017 Mini - March
Purchase STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) equipment for children and youth programs to assist the library is enhancing technoligy and goal of being an education and technology hub for the community.
- Literacy Council of Niagara West - 2015 Mini - Oct
Purchase promotional book bags to be used when sharing free books from First Book Canada as well as other literacy resources.
- Literacy Council of Niagara West - 2005 Community
Computer Coaching for the 50+ers: A series of computer training modules at a moderate cost to seniors. Participants will assist others with computer technology
- Literacy Council of Niagara West - Community Grant
- Literacy Link Niagara Inc. - 2015 Community - Spring
Rebrand Literacy as Adult Learning to promote a positive definition, remove barriers and increase access for adult learners through video and social media.
- Literacy Link Niagara Inc. - 2009 Mini - May
Fund the creation of a Book Tracking program that will promote literacy to the general public through the use of community space.
- Literacy Link Niagara Inc. - 2011 Community
LLN will go into community agencies whose clients are in need of but do not have access to literacy assessments/educational information. LLN will work with community agency staff to make sure that clients have continued support to reach their goals.
- Literacy Link Niagara Inc. - 2013 Mini - October
Create marketing materials that include the services of all the literacy programs in Region to reach out to clients in need of upgrading into the right programs to achieve their goals.
- Lupus Foundation of Ontario - 2009 Community
Fund Phase III of which involves the recruitment of reviewers, purchase and distribute the materials and resources for families with children diagnosed with Lupus.
- Lyndesfarne Theatre Projects - 2011 Summer Camp