The Niagara Community Foundation offers a number of discretionary granting program for charities providing programs and services in Niagara. For details on these programs, click here.
All Niagara Community Foundation Grants awarded through our various grant programs are categorized by 'Grant Purpose'. They are visible below once you choose a view filter; they can be sorted either alphabetically or by 'Grant Purpose'. They can only be sorted and viewed by one of the two filters.
- Adolescent's Family Support Services of Niagara - 2010 Summer Camp
- Adolescent's Family Support Services of Niagara - 2010 Summer Camp
- Adolescent's Family Support Services of Niagara - 2013 Community Grant
AFSSN will partner with Pathstone Mental health to provide mental health services to 50 young mothers who access educational services at AFSSN. Many of the young moms display signs of a variety of mental health concerns that inhibit their ability to effectively parent, to fully engage in their studies, hence affecting their child's health.
- Aids Niagara - 2010 Youth
Fund the costs and resource materials for World AIDS Day dance and activities in Niagara with intent of engaging youth in the movement.
- Alcohol Babies Anonymous - 2009 Mini - Aug
Fund the translation of the existing website into French and Spanish.
- ALS Society of Ontario - 2008 Mini - Oct
updating equipment inventory
- ALS Society of Ontario - 2010 Community
Fund the expansion of The Mentorship Program support group to Niagara to assist clients and their families dealing with ALS.
- Alzheimer Society Niagara Region - 2005 Community
Project REBEL: Purchase of musical, horticultural and recreational therapeutic equipment to assist individuals living with dementia who are members of the Beyond Worlds Support Group
- Alzheimer Society Niagara Region - 2008 Community
Strategic Planning/Professional Development: Addressing both internal and external factors impacting delivery of service
- Alzheimer Society Niagara Region - 2009 Community
Fund the purchase of a professional display board and promotional aids to better position the organization at community fairs and events in order to advocate for this very special population.
- Alzheimer Society Niagara Region - 2010 Community
Fund the purchase of 11 voice recording devices with software to assist counsellors with the transcribing of client notes directly into a secure database after each client visit.
- Alzheimer Society Niagara Region - 2011 Community
Finding the right technology for a growing organization can be a challenge. The Society wants to purchase an appropriate server that will provide an affordable, all-in-one solution that will suit the current needs of the organization and allow for expansion. The HP ProLiant ML 350 Server is designed with reliability, expandability, and performance.
- Alzheimer Society Niagara Region - 2012 Community
This project records meaningful autobiographical information from individuals with Alzheimer's disease, thus preserving self-identity in the presence of dementia. "Friendly Visitors" and family will utilize this tool in facilitating and honouring personhood. The project will consist of a booklet, resource guide and equipment to collect the required information for future caregiving.
- Alzheimer Society Niagara Region - 2013 Community Grant
The Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region wishes to expand our programs for clients in various stages of dementia with a new opportunity for an individual and personalized music intervention designed to stimulate memory, provide engagement through auditory stimulation and support self expression and identity using current MP3 technology.
- Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region - 2014 Community Fall
Initiate Brain Wave Cafes in communities in Niagara as a place for individuals with cognitive changes and their families to gather for socializing and resources.
- Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region - 2015 Community - Fall
Create a new Tele-Care telephone program for the purpose of providing a support network and education to persons living with dementia.
- Alzheimer Society of Niagara Region - 2016 Community - Spring
This professional development request represents the beginning of an effort to build a collaborative and professional community based upon a shared consensus of purpose and values impacting the team. It will build on the work already undertaken by the organization related to the Guarding Minds at Work survey tool.
- ARID Group Homes - 2006 Community
Informational Brochure: Preparation of new brochure outlining its substance abuse recovery programs and services available to men in Fort Erie and Thorold
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2003 Summer Camp
Summer Camp Fund- Autism Society Ontario- specifically for those with Asperger's Syndrome
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2004 Summer Camp
Send children with Autism to summer camp
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2004 Youth
Awesome Allies/ Awesome Connection: Social Skills programs for children with Asperser's Syndrome Verbal ASD or non-verbal children with ASD
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2005 Community
Adolescent Support Program: develop and provide a program for adolescents with autism spectrum disorders
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2005 Summer Camp
5 week camp for children with autism spectrum disorders - cost is low because the parents pay a nominal fee for this service
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2008 Summer Camp
Help send youth with Autism to summer camp
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2009 Summer Camp
Fund the Summer Camp Program.
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2010 Summer Camp
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2012 Summer Camp
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2013 Summer Camp
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2013 Youth
Autism Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter, in collaboration with partners Brock University and Bethesda Services, would like to implement the UCLA developed Children's Friendship Program. The Children's Friendship Program is similar to the PEERS Program (education and Enrichment of Relationship Skills) we are currently delivering for teens and their parents. We are currently delivering our third session of the 14 week PEERS Program in partnership with Bethesda Services. We have found the program to be extremely beneficial for teens, with evidence showing the long term impact/outcomes for social and relationship skills for teens with ASD, as well as support skills for their parents.
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2014 Community Spring
Fund a pilot project to help adults with ASD lead more active lives. Participants are introduced to fitness activities available at a recreation centre, helped to create an individualized training plan which incorporates their three favourite activities and offered a weekly support group meeting to discuss progress and healthy eating strategies. Participants will have a 3 month period to establish routines and increase physical activity levels.
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2014 Summer Camp
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - Grants
fund the summer camp program
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2015 Summer Camp
- Autism Society Ontario - Niagara Region Chapter - 2016 Community - Spring
STARS: Social Training and Recreation Skills program for transitioning youth and young adults with ASD who need 1:1 supports. Offer an age and ability appropriate recreation program that helps participants maintain/gain skills, builds sense of belonging and enhances quality of life tailored to individual needs.
- Bert Miller Nature Club - 2010 environmental
The Lake Erie coast supports some of the highest concentrations of species at risk in Canada. The goal of this project is to inventory parts of the Lake Erie shoreline which lie in the Region of Niagara, to identify the occurrence and distribution of species at risk and their habitats.
- Bethesda Community Services - 2013 Community Grant
Bethesda would like to implement a highly disciplined, professional performance theatre production showcasing the talents of adults with developmental disabilities whom are supported within the Niagara Region. This theatre production will be called SpotLight. The mission of the project is to perform to residents within Niagara, creating availability and accessability of arts and culture to individuals with developmental disabilities.
- Bethesda Community Services Inc. - 2016 Community - Spring
To upgrade the recreation faciliities by installing swings - including wheelchair accessible models, safety swings and typical swings.
- Bethlehem Housing and Support Services - 2015 Summer Camp
- Big Brothers Big Sisters - Grimsby Lincoln, West Lincoln - 2004 Summer Camp
BBBS Grimsby, Lincoln, West Lincoln campership program
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Niagara Falls - 2003 Summer Camp
Summer camp for youth often from low income or lone parent families
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Niagara Falls - 2004 Summer Camp
Big Brothers Big Sisters summer camp for youth often from low income or lone parent families
- Big Brothers Big Sisters St. Catharines, Thorold and District - 2007 Youth
Big Sisters Seeds Project: Program to promote a cycling partnership with little sisters and members of the Bikefit Sunflower Squad
- Bird Studies Canada - 2008 Community
Bird Studies Canada: Recruitment and training of volunteers to monitor health of wetland through birds and amphibian surveys
- Boys and Girls Club of Niagara - 2013 Community Grant
The BGCN is looking to community partners to secure funding of $25,000. The project surrounds the completion of an outdoor sports and recreation space at 20 Lewis Street in Fort Erie. Work will encompass security camera installation, landscaping, re-grading, soding and fence installation to provide safe and secure outdoor recreation.
- Boys and Girls Club of Niagara - Niagara Falls - 2004 Summer Camp
Boys and Girls Club- camp for 10 children=$8000
- Boys and Girls Club of Niagara - Niagara Falls - 2005 Summer Camp
5 children for 9 weeks of camp
- Boys and Girls Club of Niagara - Niagara Falls - 2006 Summer Camp
Boys and Girls Club- camp runs for 9 weeks
- Boys and Girls Club of Niagara - Niagara Falls - 2007 Summer Camp
Boys and Girls Club- camp runs for 9 weeks
- Boys and Girls Club of Niagara - Niagara Falls - 2008 Summer Camp
Help send youth from low income families to summer camp
- Boys and Girls Club of Niagara - Niagara Falls - Summer Camp
Summer camp programs at three locations: Crystal Beach, St. Catharines (Optimist Club) and at their Niagara Falls location - request will help 7 children attend 9 weeks of camp
- Brain Injury Association of Niagara - 2004 Summer Camp
Sends members children to summer camp ($100 per child)
- Brain Injury Association of Niagara - 2007 Community
Community Awareness Information and Resources: Acquisition of portable display unit and public education materials
- Brock University - 2007 Community
Mentorship Plus: A pilot program to support students during the transition from high school to university and university to career
- Brock University - 2011 Youth
Bringing approx. 120 disadvantaged youth from across Niagara together at Brock University to participate in physical activity geared towards learning the life skills necessary for positive development. Funds will be used to facilitate the inclusion and full participation of a group of students living with disabilities.
- Brock University - Community Learning - 2012 Mini - March
Fund the creation and printing of posters promoting the Community Learning events across the Niagara Region.
- Brock University - Leadership Niagara - 2006 Strategic Initiative
- Brock University - Leadership Niagara - 2008 Mini - Jan
Volunteen Niagara: developed to create awareness and promote volunteerism amongst youth. Consists of educational video, public service announcements and curriculum
- Brock University - Student Leadership - 2011 Strategic Initiative
- Brock University - Youth University - 2015 Mini - March
Purchase an Educational Math Kit to expand the Math Club program to youth at the Russell Avenue Community Centre.
- Brock University - Youth University - 2015 Summer Camp
- Business education Council of Niagara - 2002 Community
Teen Esteem: The Lunch Bunch- A lunch hour program for girls in grade 6-8 to promote educational, career and life choices by encouraging positive behaviour and life choices
- Canadian Academy of Travel and Tourism - 2004 Youth
Beyond the Boundaries of Travel and Tourism: A National student conference taking place in Niagara promoting career opportunities in this field
- Canadian Hearing Society - 2001 Community
To deliver support groups in 3 new locations over a 6 month period to seniors experiencing hearing loss
- Canadian Hearing Society - 2005 Community
Community Outreach Program: A series of community outreach workshops for individuals and local agencies in order to break down barriers for the deaf, deafened or hard of hearing
- Canadian Hearing Society - Niagara - 2011 Community
Funds will be used to develop a Communication Device Loaner Program (CDLP) that will enhance the support and services available for clients. The CDLP will be a key element in reaching out to individiuals with hearing loss, their families and the general public.
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind - 2008 Mini - May
CNIB summer day camp will run for one week out of St. Catharines. Children with visual impairment/ blindness will be invited to attend
- Canadian National Institute for the Blind - 2010 Summer Camp
- Canadian Red Cross, Niagara Area Branches - 2004 Youth
Beyond the Hurt Peer Facilitation Pilot: Program to teach anti-bullying strategies to secondary school trainers and educators.
- Canadian Red Cross, Niagara Area Branches - 2008 Youth
Respect-ED : CARE program : To purchase 12 program kits and 12 online learning resource sessions for schools within Niagara that demonstrate need based on vulnerability and financial need
- Canadian Red Cross, Niagara Area Branches - 2009 Youth
It's Not Your Fault Training Partnership" - partner with NCDSB to train 12 Child Youth workers to deliver the Abuse Prevention Workshop to students 12 and up.
- Carousel Players - 2015 Community - Spring
Support the workshop of 2 plays adapted from children's books and work with the authors to present the playts to students in Niagara.
- Carousel Players - 2015 Summer Camp
- Carousel Players - 2002 Community
Carousel Players Studio Theatre Project: to support equipment necessary to create 150 seat theatre in the Old Courthouse Theatre in St. Catharines
- Carousel Players - 2004 Summer Camp
Send youth from low income families to Carousel Players summer camp
- Carousel Players - 2005 Community
Artist in education Research Project: To develop a new program to help educators incorporate drama into their curriculum
- Carousel Players - 2006 Community
Artist/Educator Professional Development Workshop: To provide training to professional theatre artists in creating and leading in-class workshops in schools throughout Niagara
- Carousel Players - 2007 Summer Camp
Carousel Players summer drama camp for youth aged 5-15 years
- Carousel Players - 2008 Mini - Jan
Courthouse Arts Pass: first joint marketing initiative for 6 professional theatre and dance companies
- Carousel Players - 2008 Mini - Jan
Purchase of two GPS units for school touring
- Carousel Players - 2008 Mini - May
Fund the purchase of a laptop to run the production of Danny, King of the Basement to youth, regarding poverty issues.
- Carousel Players - 2008 Summer Camp
Fund the Summer Camp Program.
- Carousel Players - 2009 Summer Camp
Send disadvantaged youth to summer drama camp for youth 5-14 years old
- Carousel Players - 2010 Mini - October
Fund the purchase of 8 music stands that will be used by downtown performing art companies.
- Carousel Players - 2010 Mini March
Purchase a sound mixer and amplifier to be used on the road at more than 100 performances.
- Carousel Players - 2010 Summer Camp
- Carousel Players - 2011 Summer Camp
- Carousel Players - 2011 Youth
Carousel Players seeks funding to support the workshop of a new play called Spelling 2-5-5 by Halifax writer Jennifer Overton in August/September 2011 and to present a public reading of the play for Niagara teachers, Autism Ontario Niagara members & community leaders during Autism Awareness month in October 2011. This project will promote awareness of ASN and the Carousel school tour planned for April & May 2012 in Niagara schools to over 6000 children in Grades 4 to 8.
- Carousel Players - 2012 Summer Camp
- Carousel Players - 2012 Youth Grant
Carousel Players will bring 2 professional theatre artists into the 80 classrooms at 20 Niagara schools for art enrichment workshops for 1600 students in Grades JK to 3 linked to Water Under the Bridge touring production. Play promotes First Nations perspectives and Life in 1812 through the eyes of 2 young children.
- Carousel Players - 2013 Mini - May
To purchase theatrical lighting software called Light Factory and for two training workshops for Niagara designers, technicians and production freelancers in Light Factory and the software.
- Carousel Players - 2013 Summer Camp
- Carousel Players - 2014 Summer Camp
- Carousel Players - 2016 Community - Spring
Carousel will move offices to Silver Spire Church and create an arts hub with ECT. Our lease at the Courthouse ends in 2016. The City won’t renew it. We will dismantle the theatre, store it and raise funds to create a new 50 seat theatre at Folk Arts Multicultural Centre.
- Centre de santé communautaire Hamilton/Niagara - 2014 Community Fall
Purchase laptops, ipads and a terranium to expand their after school youth programming.
- Centre de santé communautaire Hamilton/Niagara - 2011 Community
Fund resources and fees for the recreation/dance programs for those in financial need and equipment for final performances.
- Centre de santé communautaire Hamilton/Niagara - 2016 Mini - May
The project is a free, one-week summer camp for French-speaking children in Niagara (targeting low-income families specifically). This is a sports camp that will focus on a different sport every day; the mornings will be spent learning the sport's fundamentals, and the afternoon will be spent playing the actual sport.
- CFUW St. Catharines - Charitable Fund - 2012 Mini - May
Purchase teaching aids to support the Gift of Teaching project which tutors women migrant farm workers of the Niagara Region.
- Children's Discovery Centre Of Niagara - 2004 environmental
Wetland Pond: Construction of a demonstration wetland and pond environment to be used for educational purposes
- Children's Discovery Centre Of Niagara - 2005 Summer Camp
Request will subsidize the cost of 50 children to attend
- Children's Discovery Centre Of Niagara - 2006 environmental
Demonstration Wetland educational Program: the development and implementation of a series of educational workshops
- Choralis Camerata - 2015 Community - Spring
Purchase risers and an enclosed cargo trailer to transport the risers to various venues across the Niagara Region.
- Choralis Camerata - 2008 Mini - Oct
towards a one-day workshop exploring the repetoire of African American spirituals
- Choralis Camerata - 2016 Community - Spring
The grant is needed for the purchase of a cargo trailer to transport and store risers (portable staging) as Choralis Camerata sings at various venues throughout the Niagara region. This grant will enable us to "contribute to Niagara's sustainability and prosperity by attracting people to our cultural region."
- City of Niagara Falls - Heritage Week Committee - 2003 Community
- City of Niagara Falls - Niagara Falls Museums - 2015 Mini - March
Support the services of a faciliator to bring together all cultural organizations in Niagara Falls to discuss the Cultural Plan and create path of moving forward.
- City of Niagara Falls - Niagara Falls Museums - 2015 Mini - May
Provide movies and documentaries related to the food industry to educate and inform the community and provide information on the benefits of buying local and utilizing the Farmer's Market.
- City of Niagara Falls - Niagara Falls Museums - 2016 Canada 150
Pieces of Canada : 150 Objects, 150 Stories - Niagara Falls History Museum is gathering 150 objects from the people of Niagara to tell the story of what it is to be Canadian.
- City of Niagara Falls - Park in the City Committee - 2015 Environmental
In partnership with Park in the City, students and developers, plant trees along the new Warren Wood Trail to create shade for residents and help stormwater surges.
- City of Niagara Falls - Park in the City Committee - 2010 environmental
A restoration/naturalization project with local community groups to establish and expand a vegetative buffer along the existing stream/tributary that passes through Patrick Cummings Park. This buffer will reduce harmful erosion and silting of the stream as well as help to shade the water.
- City of Niagara Falls - The Park in the City Committee - 2016 Environmental Grant
Expand the native plantings along Warren Woods and engage students in the process.
- City of Niagara Falls - The Park in the City Committee - 2017 Environmental
Continue to plant various native trees along the Warren Woods Trail as the final phase that will help create shady areas for residents who utilize the trail. This last phase will incorporate partners from the community, Warren Woods Ltd., Westlane Secondary School and St. Michael Catholic High School.
- City of St. Catharines - 2004 environmental
Merriton Community Group
- City of St. Catharines - 2004 environmental
Walker's Creek Riparian Buffer Project
- City of St. Catharines - 2006 Youth
Youth Outreach for Art of Peace Festival: Provision of mask-making workshop at this year's festival as well as the development of a youth outreach strategy
- City of St. Catharines - 2016 Canada 150
Welland Canal Fallen Workers Memorial Book - editing, design and distribution of a professional standard book of 350 pages, sharing the photos and stories of 137 men who died while constructing the Welland Ship Canal.
- City of St. Catharines - Friends of Malcolmson Eco-Park - 2015 Environmental
Revitalize the main north-south trail near Cumberland Avenue by filling valleys eroded by cyclists and replanting with native shrubs and trees.
- City of St. Catharines - Friends of Malcolmson Eco-Park - 2012 environmental
The Friends are undertaking a project to remove invasive species of plants and replace them with native Carolinian trees and shrubs. This includes both the forest and skirt areas to improve wildlife habitat at our pond and amphibian wetland sites.
- City of St. Catharines - Friends of Malcolmson Eco-Park - 2014 environmental
The west entrance at Cumberland St. receives dumping by residents and is not welcoming. To improve this, the Friends plan to cleanup, remove invasive species, plant a wildflower garden and shrubs. A new sign will be posted with park map, guidelines, and educational info to encourage awareness of the wildlife and plants in the park. Native trees and shrubs will be planted on either side of the upgraded path between the entrance and memorial to Mary Malcolmson.
- City of St. Catharines - Links for a Greener Learning - 2017 Environmental Grant
LGL will be hosting a week of events in recognition of Earth Day 2017 which marks its 3rd annual celebration of this day of global significance. This week of events will consist of two expositions, nature tours and an Eco Fashion show, which are expected to impact over 1200 people.
- City of St. Catharines - Walker's Creek Neighbourhood Association - 2014 environmental
Update and enhance a riparian buffer planted in 2003. Dead shrubs will be replaced with the addition of new native shrubs. Native flowering plants will be planted at creekside. Mulch will be spread throughout the planting. Two informative/educational signs would be installed.
- City of Thorold - Welland Canals Parkway Task Force - 2006 Community
Welland Canals Parkway Mural Project: Assistance towards new murals depicting the history of the canal and Thorold
- City of Thorold - Welland Canals Parkway Task Force - Summer Camp
Camps offered at Welland Arena - 9 weeks of camp - we very successful last year supporting kids in financial need
- City of Welland - 2011 Summer Camp
- City of Welland - 2013 Summer Camp
- City of Welland - 2016 Canada 150
Welland 150 Day Countdown - the 150-day countdown aims to create excitement and encourage engagement in the community through participation in Canada's 150th celebrations.
- City of Welland - Integrated Services, Recreation & Culture Division - 2006 Summer Camp
City of Welland summer camp for youth 3-12 years old offered at the Welland Arena
- City of Welland - Integrated Services, Recreation & Culture Division - 2007 Community
Commemorative Book: New publication to celebrate 150 years of Welland history
- City of Welland - Integrated Services, Recreation & Culture Division - 2008 Summer Camp
Help underprivileged children attend summer camp
- City of Welland - Integrated Services, Recreation & Culture Division - 2009 Summer Camp
Funds the Summer Camp Program.
- City of Welland - Integrated Services, Recreation & Culture Division - 2012 Summer Camp
- City of Welland - Recreation & Culture - 2015 Summer Camp
- Club Italia Lodge #5 - Niagara Marco Polo Foundation - 2012 Youth Grant
Every child has the right to meaningful play. That is why Club Italia's goal is to replace the over 20 year old play structure with a new accessible play structure, swings and surfacing to embrace children of all disabilities in our Community.
- CNIB - 2016 Community - Fall
Purchase 10 ipads and provide training to be use in peer support and one on one training with blind or partially sighted individuals living in Niagara region.
- Community Care of St. Catharines and Thorold - 2011 Community
Request for funds to update website to make it a vehicle for donations, recruitment of volunteers and communcations. Also to develop a presentation package to 'tell our story' to potential donors.
- Community Care of St. Catharines and Thorold (Niagara Nutrition Partners) - 2016 Mini - May
Laptops are vital in performance of duties. CDW's travel from school to school supporting student nutrition programs.At school,online Ministry mandated site visits are completed, orders placed, financials checked,numbers and meals recorded. Also,as the CDW's are not office based,their laptop is key in communicating both with staff and the Lead agency.
- Community Living - Fort Erie - 2015 Summer Camp
- Community Living - Fort Erie - 2004 Summer Camp
Contribute to the cost to send 3 special needs youth to camp
- Community Living - Fort Erie - 2005 Summer Camp
One child per week - they have 6 children who could participate in camp through this program
- Community Living - Fort Erie - 2006 Summer Camp
Community Living Fort Erie and YMCA to send young girl with severe global delay to camp with caregiver
- Community Living - Fort Erie - 2007 Summer Camp
Children participate in the Com Living / Fort Erie YMCA Summer Camp program - children have complex developmental and physical needs
- Community Living - Fort Erie - 2008 Summer Camp
Offer financial assistance for youth with developmental and physical disabilities to attend summer camp
- Community Living - Fort Erie - 2010 Summer Camp
- Community Living - Fort Erie - 2011 Summer Camp
- Community Living - Fort Erie - 2012 Summer Camp
- Community Living - Fort Erie - 2014 Summer Camp
- Community Living - Grimsby Lincoln & West Lincoln - 2015 Summer Camp
- Community Living - Grimsby Lincoln & West Lincoln - 2010 Summer Camp
- Community Living - Grimsby Lincoln & West Lincoln - 2011 Summer Camp
- Community Living - Grimsby Lincoln & West Lincoln - 2012 Summer Camp
- Community Living - Grimsby Lincoln & West Lincoln - 2013 Summer Camp
- Community Living - Grimsby Lincoln & West Lincoln - 2014 Summer Camp
- Community Living - Grimsby, Lincoln & West Lincoln - 2005 Summer Camp
Assisted Comm. Living Grimsby, Lincoln, West Lincoln in sending youth with developmental disabilities to camp
- Community Living - Grimsby, Lincoln & West Lincoln - 2009 Summer Camp
Fund the Summer Camp Program
- Community Living - Grimsby, Lincoln & West Lincoln - 2009 Youth
Youth Sports Equipment: replace and/or upgrade equipment used by children with disabilities in the Regional Respite Program, After School Program and Sports Night Program.
- Community Living - Grimsby, Lincoln & West Lincoln - 2010 Community
Fund the purchase of industrial kitchen equipment for the Jam and Preserve Program to meet the production needs of this current enterprise.
- Community Living Port Colborne - Wainfleet - 2015 Summer Camp
- Community Living Port Colborne - Wainfleet - 2015 Community - Fall
Provide health and wellness classes for people in the Three Bridges Neighbourhood at no cost along with free child care.
- Community Living Port Colborne - Wainfleet - 2005 Summer Camp
Help send youth to camp who would otherwise be unable to attend
- Community Living Port Colborne - Wainfleet - 2005 Summer Camp
Provides opportunity for special needs youth to attend camp
- Community Living Port Colborne - Wainfleet - 2006 Summer Camp
Offer the opportunity to attend camp for those who would otherwise be unable
- Community Living Port Colborne - Wainfleet - 2006 Youth
Bike Program: Youth recycling and bicycle program to help youth at risk by giving them new skills through rebuilding bikes
- Community Living Port Colborne - Wainfleet - 2007 Summer Camp
Have identified 5 children that they would like to send to 7 weeks of camp - each with severe physical and emotional challenges - this organization runs a camp
- Community Living Port Colborne - Wainfleet - 2008 Mini - Aug
Uberyouth: Send two youth to training and certification to the Distress Centre for "Applied Suicide Intervention Skills"
- Community Living Port Colborne - Wainfleet - 2008 Summer Camp
Help send youth from low income families with physical or developmental disabilities to camp
- Community Living Port Colborne - Wainfleet - 2009 Summer Camp
Fund the Summer Camp Program
- Community Living Port Colborne - Wainfleet - 2010 Summer Camp
- Community Living Port Colborne - Wainfleet - 2011 Summer Camp
- Community Living Port Colborne - Wainfleet - 2012 Summer Camp
- Community Living Port Colborne - Wainfleet - 2012 Youth Grant
The pilot project is to offer thereapeutic art sessions at Community Living Port Colborne/Wainfleet summer camp and playground programs for children and teens who are at-risk or have disabilities. The art sessions will be offered at 2 camps, 2 hours a week for 6 weeks.
- Community Living Port Colborne - Wainfleet - 2013 Mini - March
Train 3 Child & Youth workers Mental health First Aid Certification to effectively help and identify their clients in need.
- Community Living Port Colborne - Wainfleet - 2013 Summer Camp
- Community Living Port Colborne - Wainfleet - 2013 Youth
Provide art and music lessons to underpriviledged at risk youth
- Community Living Port Colborne - Wainfleet - 2014 Summer Camp
- Community Living St. Catharines - 2005 Summer Camp
Provide some support for camp running 9 weeks - each week from 1 to 3 children would be supported
- Community Living St. Catharines - 2006 Summer Camp
Help Community Living St. Catharines send 10 youth to camp
- Community Living St. Catharines - 2007 Summer Camp
Each caregiver can support between 1-4 children depending on ability
- Community Living Welland Pelham - 2015 Summer Camp
- Community Living Welland Pelham - 2006 Community
Building Community for Full Inclusion: A series of conferences that will facilitate relationships and connections for their clients and for the agency
- Community Living Welland Pelham - 2006 Summer Camp
Will provide one-on-one support - they run their own camp for 8 weeks - ratio of counsellor to child normally is 1:5
- Community Living Welland Pelham - 2008 Summer Camp
Help youth with intellectual disability attend summer camp
- Community Living Welland Pelham - 2009 environmental
In partnership with Land Care, fund the planting of 125 large caliper urban trees and maintenance of 15 large caliper native potted trees grown from local seed in areas of schools and other non-profit community organizations that have land management support.
- Community Living Welland Pelham - 2010 Summer Camp
- Community Living Welland Pelham - 2011 Summer Camp
- Community Living Welland Pelham - 2012 Summer Camp
- Community Living Welland Pelham - 2014 Summer Camp
- Council for Business & the Arts in Canada - 2007 Strategic Initiative
Donor Directed Grant for Council for Business and Arts in Canada (CBAC)
- Cultural Communications Group Inc. / Niagara Regional Native Centre - 2010 Summer Camp
- Distress Centre of Niagara Inc. - 2013 Community Grant
To offer a standardized suicide awareness education opportunity that will target males and those between 18 & 34 to help these groups identify and connect more easily with individuals at risk for suicide thereby helping to create a suicide safer Niagara.
- District School Board of Niagara - 2010 Mini Jan
- District School Board of Niagara - 2012 environmental
Exploring Woodend through Data Logging - will provide students the opportunity to apply innovative technology to the exploration of ecosystems at Woodend, a UNESCO Biosphere Reserve, in an effort to support healthy land and water conservation by inspiring youth to contribute to positive change through and understanding of our complex environment and the challenges facing our local environmental communities.
- DSBN - Glynn A Green Public School - 2014 environmental
Install an outdoor classroom on the school grounds, and undertake a school grounds greening project involving learning gardens and native trees and plants. Want to improve school ground shading, and incorporate more welcoming outdoor spaces for learning and recreation. The community can access the school grounds and will be able to utilize the completed outdoor classroom and gardens for recreation, education and as a potential meeting space.
- DSBN - Grapeview - 2011 Youth
The goal of the project is to ensure all students and community children have access to a play space that is accessible and encourages physical activity. This playground will benefit the students including the autistic program, the special needs students and also the local community. The playground create a place for the students and the community to gather.
- DSBN - Port Weller Public School - 2015 Mini - August
Support the Leader in Me initiative which empowers young people to gain leadership skills.
- DSBN - Prince of Wales - 2011 Youth
We have a plan to increase the use of our school library by improving the technology and by opening the library up to students and families outside of the school time. The plan would include the redesign of the library space to create a more welcoming 'Learning Commons" model.
- DSBN - South Lincoln High School - 2010 Youth
Fund an adventure based program for at risk youth to promote interpersonal and intrapersonal growth.
- DSBN - South Lincoln High School - 2011 Youth
This project is to reconstruct a Low Ropes Course at South Lincoln High School to offer an innovative Student Success initiative to re-engage at risk students. The focus will be on problem solving skills and through debriefing students will learn how to transfer these skills to their own lives.
- DSBN - Westlane Secondary School - 2012 Youth Grant
What About Me? Focuses on improving self-esteem, positive body image, health and overall wellness of the school community; while also bringing awareness about mental health issues in the school and local community. This is accomplished through workshops, assemblies, lunch time awareness initiatives, guest speakers and flash mobs. Grant will fund the resource materials only.
- Ducks Unlimited - 2007 environmental
Protecting Niagara Wetlands using Wildlife Nest Boxes: Creating nest boxes at one site in Niagara and working with local land owners to voluntarily protect wetland