Your donation will go directly to the organization specified on this page.
Your donation will be directed to this charity’s endowment fund, established at the Niagara Community Foundation.
Bethlehem Housing and Support Services, in partnership with the community, provides affordable housing and services to support the personal growth of individuals and families.
Bethlehem originated from the efforts of a Christian Service group called Outreach Niagara, local churches and the Social Planning and Research Council of St. Catharines and Thorold. Concerned about issues of homelessness, they wanted to provide affordable housing with support services that would help people who were at risk to turn their lives around.
- 1986 Based on the principles of loving your neighbour, proceedings were initiated by a concerned group of citizens to form our first and only transitional housing building, Bethlehem Place.
- Incorporation with an Independent Board of Directors in June.
- 1988 First residents move into Bethlehem Place -February 1 (Official Opening, May 14, 1988)
- 1989 Opening of Bethlehem Place Early Learning Centre
- 1997 Opening of Brighter Day Early Learning Centre
- 1998 Opening of our first Community Support Home
- 2001 Skills of Success program created and offered in 5 cities across the Region
- 2002 Opening of Billes House, homelessness initiative (the second Community Support Home)
- 2005 Community Transitional and Housing Support outreach program begins
- 2006 Construction starts on a new 40 unit affordable, supportive apartment building, Genesis Court
- 2007 The first resident moves in to Genesis Court – March
- 2009 Construction starts on a new 40-unit affordable and supportive apartment building in Niagara Falls – Kenmore Court
- Opening of our third Community Support Home
- 2010 The first residents move into their new homes on Kenmore Court – April.
- Opening of Manchester Early Learning Centre
Bethlehem Projects of Niagara changes its name to Bethlehem Housing and Support Services to reflect the diversity of services.