Realizing community dreams through philanthropy
The Niagara Community Foundation improves the quality of life in Niagara through philanthropy.
- Enable, collaborate and transform: Enable community improvement by providing funds and community knowledge. Bring organizations together to form partnerships based on the respective strengths of each organization to focus on key community issues.
- Demonstrate philanthropic leadership: Demonstrate expertise and best practice in philanthropic leadership.
- Put Niagara first: Communicate and support the Niagara story. Build community leadership. Seek and develop individuals who will bring leadership to the community.
- Be trustworthy, transparent and accountable: Engage in practices that are open, accessible, fair, objective, flexible, timely, accountable and measurable and built on a foundation of respect, trust, integrity and honesty.
- Ensure sound governance and management: Ensure that the Niagara Community Foundation governance and management is sound, relevant and realizes its full fiduciary responsibility. This includes maintaining accreditation with Imagine Canada.
What We Do?
- Provide a means whereby the community's charitable assets and decision-making can be applied locally;Pool the charitable gifts of many donors into a permanent, income-earning endowment that benefits the people of Niagara primarily and fulfills the philanthropic objectives of individual donors;
- Make grants from the earnings of these funds to support a broad variety of initiatives from health, education and social services to arts, culture and the environment;
- Offer advice and support to individuals and organizations making philanthropic decisions;
- Provide leadership by bringing people together from all sectors to identify and address issues and to leverage opportunities in the region.As an independent charitable organization, we are limited only by the will and imagination of our donors. We believe in the power of individuals and organizations working together to effect positive change in our communities. We encourage projects that promote self-sufficiency and long-term sustainability but we’re not afraid to experiment either. We recognize that innovation, creativity and entrepreneurialism are key contributors to success. We actively seek projects that have the potential for high impact, no matter how big or small they may be.
Explore our website to get to know us better and to find out how you can get involved. Or, contact us to arrange for a private appointment or group information session. We’re open 9:00 am to 4:30 pm Monday to Friday. Meetings can also be arranged outside of business hours. We look forward to working with you.
Our charitable registration number with the Canada Revenue Agency is 867105322RR0001.
The Foundation is required to annually report to the Canada Revenue Agency. Our T3010 reports can be found by clicking here.